KinetaCore’s Functional Dry Needling (FDN) Level 1 course gives clinicians the tools to elevate their practice to a new level of patient care. This foundational Functional Dry Needling course of study teaches the insertion of fine filament needles into neuromuscular junctions/motor points, stimulating the muscle, and bringing unbelievable pain relief and significantly improved function to athletes and patients who have been suffering for years.
FDN Level 1 teaches important dry needling technique and involves ample lab time to test, practice and perfect the art and science of Functional Dry Needling to offer this to your patients the very next day. Musculature taught in the introductory level involves areas of the hip, lower extremity, thigh, upper extremity, shoulder, lumbar spine and cervical spine. A strong emphasis on safety and precaution is reinforced, as well as clinical application, research, history of dry needling, and relevant case study.
Upon completion of this introductory level course, each practitioner will understand trigger points and the clinical presentation of neuromuscular dysfunction. They will demonstrate competency in dry needling of the muscles covered and will understand indications, contraindications, precautions and complications associated with Functional Dry Needling. To earn this certificate, all practitioners must pass with a 90% on the theoretical exam and an 80% on the practical examination.
- 2-Day Onsite Course CEUs: 10 online, 19 onsite, 29 total
- 3-Day Onsite Course CEUs: 10 online, 27 onsite, 37 total
Both 2-day and 3-day courses include a lab-intensive atmosphere. The 3-day course involves even more onsite lab time, SFMA instruction and 3-4 case presentations with assessment, treatment and practical experience. The 3-day course also provides the additional onsite hours that some states require before practicing dry needling in patient treatment.
- Current license as a PT, MD, DO, DC, PA or NP (LAc only by request/referral.) (Not accepted: ATC, RMT, OT, PTA)
- Minimum of 6 months practicing as clinician. (Colorado PT’s are required to practice for 2 years prior to taking the course. Check with your state’s dry needling requirements.)
Course Registration Includes
- Water and Lunch is provided each day. Please bring any additional snacks/drinks you would like in order to keep physically sustained throughout the weekend. Also note that we provide lunches, but we cannot offer food sensitive options. We are happy to assist you in locating meal options in the vicinity of the course venue.
- Course supplies (including small, medium and large sized gloves)
- FREE NEEDLES upon course completion
- A comprehensive manual
- A Discounted 3-Month Website Membership
- Continued support from KinetaCore
- This course requires 10 hours of pre-course online content. This content must be completed in the Moodle Learning Platform prior to attending the weekend onsite.
- It is vital to your patient care that you have experienced this treatment in an educational setting. Please come prepared to practice the dry needling and also have it practiced on you.
- Pregnant women may not participate in this course due to risks associated with the practical sessions. For more information, please email us.
- Those who do not pass both Theory and Practical testing will be required to re-take the material, which may incur further registration fees. Read, study and come prepared.
- Click here to view the KinetaCore Cancellation Policy
- Please review your licensing state’s scope of practice to determine its status on Dry Needling.
- If you have a post-operative or other medical condition which may prohibit you from taking this course, please consult your physician and contact us for more information before registering.