The Functional Dry Needling Certification will develop the knowledge and clinical reasoning skills to assess and treat basic to complex cases. As a clinician, you will progress from foundational dry needling skills through more advanced strategies. The certification should create a highly skilled clinician who incorporates FDN with other therapeutic techniques and exercise progression at a high clinical and diagnostic level of care with the ability to advocate for Dry Needling to their state board.
Target Audience: Licensed Physical Therapists
Credit Hours: 18 credits
Program Length: 18 months
Which types of patients will benefit?
- All ortho/neuro patients who have a muscular involvement to their impairment.
- Sport-related: weekend warrior, professional athlete, lifetime fitness guru
- Patients who present with symptoms and case history no one else has been able to touch.
- The difficult patients find relief with dry needling.
- Maintenance and preventive care.
- Chronic pain
- Challenged to incorporate FDN in daily clinical care.
- Develops a highly confident and competent application of this very technical skill
- Faster results in patients, with less intervention – quicker return to life, return to sport
- Replaces alternate forms of treatment such as opioid or other medication usage for patient care
What Students Will Learn:
- Main skill set of FDN to 90% of the mm of the body (based upon safety) Integration of FDN techniques to 90% of the musculoskeletal system
- Assessment and clinical reasoning to integrate effective treatment.
- Electrical stimulation with FDN techniques to improve outcomes and reduce post treatment soreness.
- Assessment:Subjective, Psychosocial and Physical Evaluation
- Therapeutic Neuroscience Education
- Introduction to Functional Dry Needling- Level 1* (Hybrid)
- Functional Therapeutics- Clinical Application with Functional Corrective Exercise Progression* (Hybrid)
- Functional Dry Needling Level 2* (Hybrid)
Elective Options (Choose 1)* All Hybrid
- Advanced Clinical Application- Level 3
- Clinical Integration from the Front Office to End of Episode
- Pelvic Floor
- Functional Dry Needling Capstone* (Hybrid)
*This program includes (5) hands-on WI labs.